Pennsylvania Internet Law Questions & Answers

Q: where is the line in cyber stalking?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Internet Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Feb 4, 2019
Jonathon Luff's answer
No this would likely not be considered stalking. The law has not caught up to where technology has gone yet. This would not be stalking in my opinion. You can block someone from contacting you on most sites. Stalking would require continuous behavior and not just one or two creepy messages.

Q: Cyber stalking

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Internet Law and Sexual Harassment for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Jan 29, 2019
Arnab Kumar Banerjee's answer
PA has no state law on cyber stalking. therefore federal anti cyber stalking law is applied here. i think this is cyber stalking under that act.

Q: I am being accused of using another person's bank account to pay two credit cards. What charges can come from that?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and Internet Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Jun 8, 2018
Cary B. Hall's answer
Typically, fraudulent use of another's bank account without his/her permission could carry charges like: forgery; access device fraud; identity theft; theft by unlawful taking; theft by deception; and/or receiving stolen property. The grading of the offenses (felony, misdemeanor, etc.) depends on the amount of money taken -- although forgery is usually a felony anyway.

Q: i am a sex offender recently released from a Penna. prison. I am now serving 5 years special probation and am being

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Dec 9, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
It's not but the way around it is to get a modification of the order allowing you use of the internet however it will have to be limited, you will likely have to allow others access to your computer and any and all passwords you have so they can make sure you aren't useing this in an untoward way.

Q: I purchesed a website from someone I but I do not have a contract from him but my mother wrote a bankers check to him

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Internet Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Jun 19, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Can mom stop the check? Otherwise your best bet will be contacting the state attorney general's office office of consumer affairs.

Q: If a image of me that is detrimental to my reputation and encompasses bullying is posted on social media, can I sue?

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Pennsylvania on
Answered on May 23, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
If you wrote to him on facebook and he put it up, not much you can do. Ask the provider to take it down.

Without knowing what it is, hard to say--but I can tell you suing him will cost you lots of money and time and not get you anywhere.

Q: what is the different electronic communications privacy act and wiretap act? Are they the same?

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Nov 11, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Different. Start with the electronic freedom foundation and a basic search for articles on each--Justia may be a source.

Q: Can you sue someone for unknowingly video taping you in the bathroom even if its not put on the internet?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Internet Law and Sexual Harassment for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Oct 27, 2016
Paul Stanko's answer
If you are asking about suing someone, that is not a criminal law question. If the person who videotaped you did so "unknowingly", it would be difficult to prove any tortious conduct on their part.

Q: If I have been defrauded by a website from London, England do I have any recourse to get my monies back?

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Jul 12, 2014
Rachel Lea Hunter's answer
How do you know the website is in London, England? It could be anywhere in the world and making it look like Lon don, England.

In theory, yes, you might be able to recover your money, but in practical terms, the answer is you probably will not.

If the criminal is in a foreign country, it will be very difficult to find the person and the US government is not likely to help too much. You post no details of the crime, but these financial crimes come of Africa or other foreign...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.