Santa Clara, CA asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Ohio

Q: My boyfriend got ovi and child endangerment. Well he didn't go to court so got failure to appear. Will he go to jail?

Clermont has a hold on him. Brown has him now for failure to appear. Will he go to jail in Clermont? If so how long? Will he be able to bond out? If so how much? Thanks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
R. Scott Patterson
R. Scott Patterson
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Zanesville, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You have provided inadequate information to give anything other than a qualified "yes." He will do jail time if pleads to or is found guilty of the OVI, unless he is a first time offender and can afford an interlock devise. Given that there must have been children in the car, he very likely could do jail time for that. You have two counties involved, and you did not say why Clermont has a holder on him, so it is impossible to guess what he is looking at overall. It sounds like he is either unlucky or doesn't have his life and himself in order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.