Baltimore, MD asked in Criminal Law, Banking, Stockbroker Fraud and White Collar Crime for Maryland

Q: I have been sentenced but now have new evidence in my case. I wish to file a motion for reconsideration.

My attorneys do not understand real estate and as such do not understand the value of the new info thus I wish to file pro se. Need to know how to address in the motion i am doing the motion pro se

1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas J. Maronick Jr
Thomas J. Maronick Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Glen Burnie, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: How long since sentencing? If within 10 days of your trial date you can ask for a new trial. If within 30 days of disposition you can appeal, if within 90 days you can ask for a modification of sentence. Depending on what court you are in, likely will need to file a coram nobis for a new trial opportunity if past the time limits mentioned.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.