Fargo, ND asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for North Dakota

Q: Im still in school an I turn 18 in November do I have to stay at home with my mother or can I move out

I wanna leave my house after I turn 18 an live on my own but my mom claims I cant till im done with school

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Lucas Wynne

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fargo, ND
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: At the age of 18, you can leave. However, you must also support yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.