Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Juvenile Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
North Dakota Juvenile Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for North Dakota on
Q: Can i bring legal action against an adult who tried to help my minor run away.

My son is 15yrs old. He is on supervised probation. He has been in and out of facilities several times for behavior. He ran away last night and is now in police custody in a hospital. His aunt helped him and was coming to take him to a different city without permission. What can I do? His aunt has... View More

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Apr 11, 2020

Call police to report

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for North Dakota on
Q: Mom and dad are in school together dad is 18 mom 16. Dose the father have same rights as mother to the new born baby

They have dated almost two years he was 17 she was 15. They are still in school. But the mother to the 16 year old won’t let dad see the baby .

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Feb 4, 2020

A father's rights are not there from the get-go. A child custody proceeding sounds necessary.

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for North Dakota on
Q: I was with two buddies buying socks and one of them ends up stealing a 3 pack of socks and gets stopped for questionig

They let me go and later call me back because my buddy said I stole socks too when I didn’t. One pair of the three that he stole was dropped in my car and I was pulled over on my way home and taken back to the store. They are charging me with juvenile petit theft but all they have is the kids... View More

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on May 10, 2018

You hire a criminal defense lawyer to represent you. There is no easy answer in a criminal defense case.

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law, Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for North Dakota on
Q: I'm 16 and pregnate, the father is 18 how do we keep him from getting in trouble so he can support us?

Under 2 years apart in age, my parents kicked me out and disowned me. Won't sign for us to get married. Would not listing him as father protect him? I also heard that I could get a court to declare me independent then I could marry him? We live in North Dakota. Need an answer quickly please.

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Oct 5, 2017

If you were older than fifteen at the time the child was conceived and the other party is within three years of your age and the act was consensual, no law has been broken.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for North Dakota on
Q: Im still in school an I turn 18 in November do I have to stay at home with my mother or can I move out

I wanna leave my house after I turn 18 an live on my own but my mom claims I cant till im done with school

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Sep 22, 2017

At the age of 18, you can leave. However, you must also support yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.