Howell, MI asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) and Probate for Michigan

Q: Do I need to fill out a separate Amended Account of Fiduciary or can I enter an 'Annual-Amended ' form

I made a mistake thinking that one IRA was two because it was with one bank but overseen by another. I need to rectify the mistake on an amended (this happened about 3 -4 months ago-procrastinated.. but the Annual is coming up. Do I need to do one for each or can I do an amended -annual , combining them into one?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Fowlerville, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: I assume this is for a legally incapacitate person's estate rather than a decedent's estate, but you SHOULD amend this ASAP rather than just 'waiting' -- if there are issues it is best to get this resolved ahead of time, and not wait ... if this is just a clerical mistake as you describe it shouldn't cause issues, but I'd want the interested parties to be informed about what is going on quickly so nobody raises concerns about your handling of the matter. TALK WITH YOUR ATTORNEY to insure this is done right. If you don't have an attorney YOU SHOULD!

-- This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship.

I am licensed to practice in Michigan only. Please seek competent local legal help if you feel you need legal advice

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.