Beecher, IL asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Hawaii

Q: whats the fastest and easiest way to get out my house?

I'm a 16 year old boy living in the state of Hawaii and am a victim of mental and emotional abuse by my parents. My house is such a toxic environment where my dad smokes illegally and will sometimes threaten to harm me if I ever got in his way. My mom won't try to stop this behavior and will usually just tell me to stay away from him. And everytime I do something wrong or slightly incorrect, they call me harsh names and threaten to withhold me from something that I must attend such a school, which they pressured me into dropping out of. I have an aunt living in Ohio who has agreed to take me in and help me start a new life there and I'd love to do that. I can't stand that house or them anymore. Please help!

1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, IL

A: You cannot do that without their knowledge, consent or permission. Family services and the court system will not help with mental abuse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.