Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Juvenile Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Hawaii Juvenile Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Hawaii on
Q: If police charge a child was in possession of a detrimental drug, do they arrest the child? What is the process? -Hawaii
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 29, 2024

In Hawaii, when a child is charged with possession of a detrimental drug, the process typically involves law enforcement and the juvenile justice system. However, the approach can vary depending on the specific circumstances and the severity of the offense.

Initially, police may detain the...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Hawaii on
Q: Adopted daughter is 16 now. We got her at 14. Previously PTSD, child molestation, reactive attachment disorder issue.

Daughter now claims I sexually molested her. She is currently in the Philippines for a year. What is the civil and criminal statute of limitations in Hawaii to bring this false accusation on me? I looked it up. Could I be charged with 1st degree sexual assault, a Class A felony? I am contemplating... View More

Lauren M. Sharon
Lauren M. Sharon
answered on Jun 7, 2018

I would suggest having a full, thorough consultation with an attorney, as I am unclear as to the details.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Hawaii on
Q: whats the fastest and easiest way to get out my house?

I'm a 16 year old boy living in the state of Hawaii and am a victim of mental and emotional abuse by my parents. My house is such a toxic environment where my dad smokes illegally and will sometimes threaten to harm me if I ever got in his way. My mom won't try to stop this behavior and... View More

Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
answered on Jun 11, 2017

You cannot do that without their knowledge, consent or permission. Family services and the court system will not help with mental abuse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.