Bartlesville, OK asked in Domestic Violence, Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Oklahoma

Q: Can a domestic A&B be dismissed if police failed to view hospital parking security video & only had witnesses reports?

If a person plead guilty to $50 fine because their public defender told them that the DA still had enough witnesses testimonies of the defendant assaulting the victim and later defendant finds out that video is called exculpatory evidence & the police failed to view & preserve that video (to help convict or prove innocense. is that grounds to file post conviction asking to withdrawel plea due to ineffective assistance?

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: In criminal law, there are very important time frames for appeals and motions to withdraw pleas.

You should IMMEDIATELY contact an experienced Criminal Law Attorney for help. Convictions for domestic violence carry LIFETIME Ramifications!

Gary J Dean, Attorney

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.