Westerville, OH asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Ohio

Q: I live in ohio,went to a neurologist for pain for 7 yrs. He dischgd me and I can't get care w/other physicians. My drug

My drug test was clean and i passed a psych evaluation.

After discharging me he called the police and told them i was suicidal, which was not true. It was traumatizing to me and our kids to have 6 officers at our door. (They apologized)

He also won't provide access to my records, which is state law - Ohio, and HIPAA.

Do i have a case?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Don't know if your state has a medical ombudsman. You can file a complaint with the state medical board to get your licenses. Assuming you have a personal physician, ask her or him if they can get some feedback. But a doctor can't be compelled to treat someone.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.