Detroit, MI asked in Education Law and Juvenile Law for Ohio

Q: Im 16 & Missed 75 Days Of School Due To Being Bullied. Courts Ordered Probation If I Drop Out Will I Still Have To Do It

I Decided To Not Go To School After I Told The Police Officer At My School About The Bullying And It Kept Going On. I Ended Up Having To Go To Court Which Then I Was Ordered Probation And Got Hit With Around $400 In Court Fines Im Only 16 And Have Been Paying The Fines For Like 2 Months And Its Down To $180 And There Still Tryna Put Me On It If I Drop Out Can They Still Put Me On It?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Yes, they can put you on probation. But dropping out is not the solution. Do not drop out. Are your parents talking to the school principal? Can you transfer to another school? Have you spoken to the school counselor, teachers, or others? Dropping out of school is not a good choice. There are other alternatives such as on-line schools. You must finish at least a high school education. Talk to some trusted adults to help you through this. Bullying should not be tolerated. Many schools are becoming better at handling that. School is starting soon. Go there today and talk to the principal yourself if you have to. There are adults who will help you. Find them, and let them help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.