Jeffersonville, IN asked in Personal Injury, Appeals / Appellate Law, Legal Malpractice and Social Security for Indiana

Q: I need help with filing my appeal for my disability with my social security redetermination.

I was approved by the SSA to be a disabled person in 2014. It was for depression and arthritis. I recently had to go for a redetermination and then was found to be not disabled and then was told that I was found disabled due to mood disorder and anxiety disorder and then that was never the reason for my approval to begin with. I still have all my paperwork and also I am trying to get counseling since I've finally gotten help paying for my medications and I wasn't able to find anyone that took Medicare before and then now I'm able to pay for one on a sliding scale basis. My medicine comes to around $1000 a month for out of pocket. I have depression very bad and then as soon as I get to the point where I am able to get to a counselor I receive the letter. I'm also trying to deal with a great deal of negligence and personal injury as well. So I am trying to find someone to help with all of the things that I have going on. I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Chase T Wilson
Chase T Wilson
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Call the Indiana BAR Association at (317) 639-5465. They'll be able to refer you to someone who handles SSI Claims.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.