Gilbert, AZ asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Arizona

Q: I have several homes that I have a contract with for vacation rentals with a company but they are late and don't pay

I sent them notices that if they don't pay I am changing the locks- and I did.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: You should check the provisions of your vacation rental company agreement, but generally if one party to a contract is in breach, here by not paying, the other parties excuse for performance and made exercise "self-help" justifying removing the lock boxes and changing the locks. If there is a significant amount of money involved, it would be strongly recommended to consult an attorney before taking further action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.