Coral Gables, FL asked in Business Law, Internet Law, Consumer Law and Criminal Law for Florida

Q: As an 18 year old Florida resident, would I be allowed to purchase alcohol online from a Puerto Rican based source?

The drinking age in PR is 18, and since it is part of the US there is no customs or declarations to go through aside from agricultural ones.

1 Lawyer Answer
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA

A: The concept of illegality of POSSESSION of alcohol has escaped you. If you go to PR to possess and drink it, you are fine. In FL, it is illegal for you to possess it, in your hands or in your body.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.