Las Vegas, NV asked in Consumer Law and Communications Law for California

Q: I am looking receive some help in suing Sprint.

One of their representatives reported my phone lost/stolen and switched my phone number to a phone that does not work. The issue here is, I did not ask the representative to do any of that and I have no idea why they changed anything in regards to the phone number they did. Sprint admitted the fault of their rep, however it took over 10 calls and close to 10 hours of my time to get the issue sorted and my phone working. I was out of town on business when this happened -- I lost wages, I missed out on an apartment(as I am in the process of moving) and am homeless because I was without a phone for 3 days because of them. They offered me $10 credit for my troubles. I feel that is totally unacceptable. Is there something that can be done about this?

1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Why you marked 'workers compensation' is a mystery... that said, make a clear itemized written demand to Sprint that Sprint's Breach of Contract resulted in each loss. Leave out your 'feelings'. (Nobody will ever care about any 'feelings'.) Give the vice president and billing staff 10 days in which to respond. Put that deadline in your short, one-page letter. When the 10 days runs, file a SMALL CLAIMS COMPLAINT for damages, attaching that letter. If the letter is one-page, states the contract breach in one line, states the resulting damages clearly line-by-line, the small claims judge will be persuaded. When your Small Claims Complaint for damages arrives at the Spring's legal office, the offer will be a lot more than $10.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.