Pomona, CA asked in Employment Discrimination

Q: what can i do if my exemployer breached the Non-disparagement clause in our settlement? I had to put her as a job refer

My ex-employer, she agreed to be civil and patient and not bad mouth my reputation as the Non-paragement clause read in our settlement.But i applied for a job and had no choice but put her as a job reference since i worked there about 7 years! And got a call from my future employer at my new job and she said that my old employer had nothing nice to say and denied and said it was all wrong information!But my future employer still agreed to try me and hire me and the next day i was about to show up to work my future employer said that she got a call from a blocked caller saying she was my old employer and badmouthed me even more to the point that my future employer didnt want me to work for them anymore!!! WHAT CAN I DO?!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William C. Head
William C. Head

A: You need direct assistance from a CALIF attorney. Take your contract, about non-disparagement to a lawyer. Here is a list of employment attorneys, who should be able to look over your paperwork and situation.


If you have a decent case, one of these folks should be willing to take on your cause.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.