Houston, TX asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Louisiana

Q: My manager has been touching me inappropriately. What can I do?

I've been working at this company for a little over a year. Ever since I started work here my manager has touched me inappropriately by smacking me on the butt. I told her to stop and she did but then the sexual comments followed. It would be things like about how big my butt is and about sexual activities. So I finally told my District Manager, who said she would speak to my manager with the RVP on the phone. After they supposedly talk to her she smacked me on my butt again the very next day. I don't feel that anyone is taking this seriously. What can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Natalie Blackman
Natalie Blackman
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: File a claim with the EEOC for sex discrimination. You can find the intake questionnaire at eeoc.gov. You should also gather any documentation you have to prove that you have reported these instances to the District Manager.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.