San Antonio, TX asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Texas

Q: What can I do to employer for not paying wages?

I worked for a franchise, and I worked 40 hours my first week , which I assumed since it is biweekly pay I would receive it, but due to me not having a clock in number he told me he had to cut my hours and put it in little by little so basically if I wait 4 more checks I can receive what I'm owed. Since he would put 10 hours a check. I told him that I really needed the money constantly and told him to cal his district manager and he said he couldn't because he could get in trouble. I then quit, and it's been 3 weeks and I just now received my final hours but I'm missing 4 which means I would have to wait another 2 weeks. Is this fair?

1 Lawyer Answer
Juan B Hernandez
Juan B Hernandez
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you have received your final paycheck from your employer minus the wages still due, you may need to file a claim for unpaid wages with the Texas Workforce Commission. Here is the link in order to submit a claim:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.