Bismarck, ND asked in Adoption and Family Law for North Dakota

Q: I want to adopt my ex fiance`s daughter but they live in another state.

Me and my ex fiance dated for 7 years or so and split and share a son together. She has a daughter from another ex that is in and out of prison. Her daughter is now award of the state, AZ, and I want to adopt her and she wants me to as well to come live with her brother and I. She lives with her aunt who has temporary guardianship right now, mother and aunt are for it as well. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to make it happen or not.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: You should contact an adoption lawyer in Arizona.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.