North Dakota Adoption Questions & Answers

Q: I live in North Dakota and a friend of mine asked me if I would adopt the baby how do I go about doing that

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption for North Dakota on
Answered on Feb 17, 2018
Lucas Wynne's answer
Likely via an adoption proceeding in the state where the mother resides, your best bet is to consult an attorney in that state.

Q: I want to adopt my ex fiance`s daughter but they live in another state.

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption and Family Law for North Dakota on
Answered on Dec 18, 2017
Lucas Wynne's answer
You should contact an adoption lawyer in Arizona.

Q: What is the first step in going for full custody. The father is absent for 5+ yrs. And is jailed for 3rd OWI in WI.

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption and Child Custody for North Dakota on
Answered on Sep 20, 2017
Lucas Wynne's answer
Yes, you should absolutely get a lawyer in this situation. Too many mistakes can be made that could forever impact your relationship with your sons.

Q: Can I sue Connecticut DCFS for separating me and my twin and attempting to keep me from being adopted?

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption and Family Law for North Dakota on
Answered on Aug 24, 2017
Lucas Wynne's answer
This question has been asked in the North Dakota section but must be answered by an attorney licensed in Connecticut.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.