Asked in Family Law for Virginia

Q: If the children's father has moved and dosent tell you where he is taking the children for visitation. Can I do anything

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maciej B. Zebrak
Maciej B. Zebrak
  • Mechanicsville, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Only if the Order specifies where visitation is to take place, for example "visitation with the minor children shall take place at Father's home." Also, if the father failed to notify you in writing of his new address, and the Court, then he may be in violation of a custody and visitation Order (assuming that an Order is in place).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.