Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Communications Law and Domestic Violence for California

Q: My child was sent away to another country to keep him away from me..I currently don't have custody of him.what can I do?

I know I had few problems to work with myself and DCFS had got involved and I didn't meet the requirements they had for me to keep custody and that's why I lost custody.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: you need a family law attorney with international custody experience....that is not me and i do not even know of any lawyers with that experience............but i suspect they would not be cheap.

are you even in a position to hire a lawyer? if not consider legal aid.

before you make a motion/file on that issue be sure all your past "history" is cleaned up.

if there are outstanding bench warrants or money or conditions owed to the court complete them.

if it was substance abuse have documentation to show the "new you"

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.