Hilo, HI asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Hawaii

Q: What are the chances of me getting full custody of my 2 year old daughter if I'm the father?

Her mom committed adultry and is hardly ever home always out at the bars and with her boyfriend never did come home to sleep for over a month and only comes home to get ready and put on makeup and gone for the whole night and day after that sometimes several days

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lauren M. Sharon
Lauren M. Sharon
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Hawaii

A: You should consult with an attorney, but unless the mother poses a danger to the child, it's unlikely she would lose custody of the child. 50/50 custody is most common in the state. The adultry probably won't be relevant.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.