Brighton, MI asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Landlord - Tenant and Wrongful Death for Michigan

Q: If my son was murder in a apartment complex can i sued the apartment complex

of there camera did not work now no one will talk to the police so can i sued tthe apatment complex cause it no justice for my son

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: You need to contact a member of the Michigan Assn for Justice who handles Landlord liability. They give free consultations. However a landlord is not required to have a working camera unless that is part of the lease, and security issue cases are often difficult, especially as the Republican legislators and Governors have made Michigan law very unfriendly for those seeking justice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.