San Bruno, CA asked in Family Law, Immigration Law, Adoption and Arbitration / Mediation Law for California

Q: Hello, I have a two year old son, who recently his mother decided to take him to the UK to start a new life.

We both reside in the bay area, California. Due to high cost of living, she believes taking my son to England would be better for him. She left with no notice, except for one text I received from her father the day they were leaving (or already gone). We have been trying to raise our son outside of court. He does reside with me during the weekends, and weekdays with her. What can I do to get my son back? I'm trying to look for any resources without the cost of buying a plane ticket. To be specific, I believe she is in Scotland, but don't have any further detail as to which exact city. I did go to Santa Clara court and filed for joint custody, but after she left. I do have the paperwork now to serve her.Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I would like to help you, but your question does not involve immigration law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.