Miami, FL asked in Adoption, Child Custody, Criminal Law and Family Law for Florida

Q: I father of 2 The mom has been in prison 4 yrs She is in for child endanger and more do i have a good chance of full cu

I have two children with her. we were never married. i have taken care of the kids all this time with nothing from her. she is in for child endangerment, robbery with guns and many more. i want full custody of the children. the children also want nothing to do with her, i am married and the children have my wife and want no one else. they say it very loud and clear. my wife also wants very much to adopt them. do i have a good chance of going to court having full custody. she also burned my youngest son years ago with a flat iron but theres no way to prove that it was her. but she has admitted it to her other children which are not biologically mine. she has in total five kids. 2 which are mine.

1 Lawyer Answer
Shiobhan Olivero
Shiobhan Olivero
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brandon, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: There is a lot in your question that you have posed. More than can be addressed in a forum like this. You need to have an appointment with a family law attorney to discuss the paternity and custody issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.