Claremore, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: My brother was convicted of trafficking meth in 2006 at 85% have any laws changed to get him paroled now.

The evidence was a stolen out of impound by a cop and the cop didn't go to prison. He went before the judge for sentencing. He was Guv in credit for the year in county before sentencing.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: No laws have changed with respect to drug charges that wold help your brother. He may be able to get a judicial sentence modification. The law on that changed to allow one within five years of a sentence. But, if he was convicted in 2006, then that would be way beyond the five year limit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.