Omaha, NE asked in Traffic Tickets for North Dakota

Q: I was pulled over and I have court today for "unlawful use of license plate and tabs" and "failure to transfer title"

What do you think will happen in court. What pled should I do. (I've been having a big financial problems, and I had to get to work one way or another, a bus doesn't go out to were I live, I live on my own and nobody can give me rides.)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: No attorney can provide you advice without knowing more about your situation. In general, you should plead "not guilty" even if you committed the crime as doing so will better preserve your rights. However, pleading guilty or not guilty carries serious weight and equally serious outcomes. You will need a person by your side who understands how to navigate those outcomes and seek the best possible result in your case - in other words, you need an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.