Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Dakota Traffic Tickets Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for North Dakota on
Q: I got speed ticket at grand Forks North Dakota do I need lawyer for the this ticket? My point goes up.
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Nov 1, 2019

A speeding ticket only? A lawyer may be a bit overkill in terms of price.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for North Dakota on
Q: In North Dakota, my son took a bus had an accident he didn't have a permit can the parents lose there drivers license

We got these three letters in the mail today an and they think they are going to take are drivers licenses if we cant come up with this amount of money we are both on ssdi and ssi how can we handle this he is 14 years old no permit TY

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Dec 3, 2018

Not enough information here. You may consider calling the local prosecutor.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for North Dakota on
Q: Charged with driving under suspension when the officer new I didn't have a license and he told me he would follow me

Was taking my girlfriend to the hospital she was in pain she could not drive anymore she pulled over let me drive officer pulled us over saw that she was in pain I told the officer that I did not have a license he said to drive to my friend's house and he would follow and he was unsure at that time... Read more »

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on May 28, 2018

You have not posed a question. What is your question?

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for North Dakota on
Q: I was pulled over and I have court today for "unlawful use of license plate and tabs" and "failure to transfer title"

What do you think will happen in court. What pled should I do. (I've been having a big financial problems, and I had to get to work one way or another, a bus doesn't go out to were I live, I live on my own and nobody can give me rides.)

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Jan 16, 2018

No attorney can provide you advice without knowing more about your situation. In general, you should plead "not guilty" even if you committed the crime as doing so will better preserve your rights. However, pleading guilty or not guilty carries serious weight and equally serious outcomes. You will... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for North Dakota on
Q: What are the chances of me getting out of a reckless driving when there is multiple errors on the court summons.

The main error is that they said the location that it happened at was over a mile away from where it actually happened. And the date to appear was wrong and crossed of and rewrote. And in the year slot for my registration they wrote "K"

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Sep 28, 2017

Without an attorney representing you? Slim to none.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for North Dakota on
Q: An officer cited my age (24) three times when issuing ticket, said it is why I got a "higher" offense". Is this legal?

He said my entire age group is "reckless", stated that he "could have knocked it down but because of" my age he decided not to, and then tried to tell me a story about "a girl your age" who recently died in a crash. I have a perfect driving record, with zero tickets, or warnings of any sort.

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Jul 24, 2017

The simple fix is to hire an attorney. My usual approach is to assess the situation to determine if a client has a high probability of successfully contesting the ticket or cutting a deal. Generally, contesting a traffic ticket is not a high dollar case and the cost of doing so is well worth the... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.