Asked in Divorce, Child Custody, Probate and Social Security for Texas

Q: Need help finding the right lawyer for probono in West Texas... complex divorce/CPS/defamation of character case?

I am not sure what all qualifications to look for. I need a divorce as well as fighting CPS, defamation of character, and possibly an identity framing (not sure how to explain) . I need a probono lawyer because my husband has succeeded in making me destitute and unable to get work due to slander and defamation of character. But his step dad just recently passed away and stands to inherit quite a bit of money. I need a pro bono lawyer that can help me get this divorce before the will goes to probate and my husband spends all of the money or moves it so that I can get the money to gladly pay for services of the divorce as well as giving me the money to fight CPS for my daughter as well as false defamation of character by them as well .There is several $100,000 In this estate..I need a lawyer that can help me now and I can pay when we win...and we will...I just need proper representation. I live in West Texas in Pecos Co, but cannot get a lawyer from ft Stockton.. recommendations​ plz!!

1 Lawyer Answer
Terry Lynn Garrett
Terry Lynn Garrett
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You may need one family lawyer and one probate lawyer. Using the Find a Lawyer function on the State Bar of Texas website, you may find a probate lawyer who will take the probate case and be reimbursed from the estate. If you are destitute, you can file an Affidavit of Indigency asking the court to waive court fees. You can also seek legal representation through Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid or Volunteer Legal Services. If you do not qualify financially, you can seek representation for people of modest means through Lawyers Referral Services.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.