The Villages, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: My job is 1 county away. Is my CC officer just when telling me i can only work limited shifts to better supervise me?

I transfered recently to sumpter county from lake county where i work. The CC supervisor told me to move back or find a job in this county. I explained that i could not due to my dcf case wich requires me to have a job and i had already done a home study for my new residence. I was recently told that i could work only 5 days a week 8 hours a day. I'm under the impression that sumpter county can call lake county to have my whereabouts confirmed. Is it my right to work where and when i want as long as it's lawful employment?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard Louis Cagan
Leonard Louis Cagan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I would suggest speaking to a lawyer about the possibility of filing a motion to modify the supervision that you are on. The Court can sign an order allowing a particular Defendant the ability to work in a particular place or particular hours. If the CC officer is not willing to work with you, having the Court order it might be your best option. Fighting with your officer or going over their head to speak to their supervisor is typically counterproductive.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.