Greer, SC asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for North Carolina

Q: My DWI was dismissed and I want to get my arrest expunged. I don't know which form to use. All seem to be for conviction

My DWI was dismissed late last year. I was told I could get my arrest expunged and removed from my record. The Clerk of Court was not allowed to give me legal advice, but they gave me a list of forms for expunction. I cannot seem to find the right form to use. I thought it would be PETITION AND ORDER OF EXPUNCTION UNDER G.S. 15A-145.5 (NONVIOLENT FELONY OR NONVIOLENT MISDEMEANOR), but in it, I am supposed to certify that I plead or was found guilty of the crime. Do you have any advice?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristen Dewar
Kristen Dewar
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Concord, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Wow, it's rare that a DWI is dismissed. I hope you bought a Powerball ticket. You are looking for Petition and Order of Expunction Under G.S. 15A-146.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.