Ayden, NC asked in Divorce and Domestic Violence for North Carolina

Q: I have been separated from my abusive husband for 10 years I want a divorce but I don't know where he is

He is illegal and I haven't the slightest idea where he is since he has been on the run from the police. My question is what would be the easiest and fastest way for me to get a divorce? I would really like to move on from this chapter of my life. Thanks!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Houser
Amanda Bowden Houser
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: the easiest and fastest way would be for you to find him and get him properly served. If you can not do that, you can still get divorced but it will take much longer and be way more expensive. Visit our site at www.easyncdivorce.com

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.