Raleigh, NC asked in Consumer Law and International Law for North Carolina

Q: Advice

The person who owns the Bronosonic trademark is taking money from people online for neon signs via Neon Signs in US and not shipping them out. The address they've listed on their website doesn't exist and I've tracked the IP address of their emails to China. Can you help?

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
  • International Law Lawyer
  • Potomac, MD

A: It depends on the contract. If you have the right to sue in the US, you might get a default judgment and then execute on the trademark, though that will be complicated. You might then be able to get a restraining order on the web server advertising your trademark, and then go into the Bronosonic trademark sales business yourself ... assuming that the thieves in China actually own the trademark and other intellectual property. It will be a complicated case, and that means it will be expensive, but it might be worth it if this Bronosonic trademark is valuable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.