New York, NY asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut

Q: I have been charged with sales of a narcotic and they have video and audio

The public defender said that there are a number of voices in The Herd on the video and the person that's allegedly me she cannot say with certainty that is me and there's no transaction in the video what should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Salvatore Bonanno
Salvatore Bonanno
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hartford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: It’s difficult to properly respond without viewing the video myself. What you can do is ask your PD to ask the state how the state can prove it’s you that’s on the recording, and that it’s you that committed the offense. Perhaps they will realize how weak the recording is and drop or reduce the charges; alternatively, they may demonstrate to your PD other evidence beyond the recording itself that can convict you. Either way, you will know the facts, or lack of facts, against you.

Good luck

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.