Bedford, NH asked in Education Law and Juvenile Law for New Hampshire

Q: A student at a public high school performed a lewd sexual act in class. Principal verified claim but nothing done.

The staff did not inform the principal. He had heard nothing about it until I contacted him. After speaking with students and staff he verified the claims and told me the child would be removed from the class. That did not happen. When I followed up he told me he never said that and that the child will remain in class. It was not until I spoke with the superintendent days later, who also had no knowledge of the incident,and voiced my displeasure and informed them of their obligation to report suspected incidents that they filed a report with the PD who also verified the claims. My child doesn't feel safe and I don't trust the administration at this school. I don't know what recourse I have. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
  • Manchester, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: I would contact the members of your school board or any other elected officials in your town or city.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.