Greenville, NC asked in Consumer Law for North Carolina

Q: I received a Civil Summons for cc debt with Wells Fargo. What should my 1st step regarding the paperwork? it is $6330.00

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Will Blackton
Will Blackton
  • Raleigh, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Once a lawsuit has been commenced against you, if you fail to respond appropriately - you lose the lawsuit.

Your first step should be contacting an attorney. If you're unsure of how to find an attorney or would like an attorney to only assist you in answering a limited set of questions about the process and procedure of a civil suit, contact the NC Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service at 800 662 7660

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.