Anaheim, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: The mother of my kids has wrongfully accused me of sexuly abousing my step daughter. Cops were called cps got involved.

After an investigation the case was dropped. Now I'm going to court for custody for my kids. The mother is threatening me. Saying she is telling the judge I sexually aboused her daughter.

What can I do to help my situation?

Will a judge hear the allegations if they were already proven false?

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shahnaz Hussain
Shahnaz Hussain
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Just tell the Judge that the case was dropped because he allegations were false. The Judge will believe you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.