Brandon, FL asked in Divorce, Family Law, Antitrust and Child Custody for Florida

Q: Wife disappeared, took our 3 kids out of state without notice or answering phone for weeks. Enrolled them in school but

She claims she hasn't changed her address, so how are the kids enrolled in a school, that she won't tell me where or what the names of schools are. We also had an open case with child services, and claims when she told them she left, they just closed the case. Does this sound legal& how do I get my kids back?

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can file for divorce where you live. Once she is served you can ask the court to order her to return the kids to where you live. The longer she is away and establishing the children in a new city, the more difficult it will be for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.