Maricopa, AZ asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Arizona

Q: I received a check via private court 3 years ago. Attorney called today asking me to sign a release form, 3 years later?

My Uncle on my mothers side passed away. He had a Will that had my Grandfather listed, but all family passed away except me. I received a check via probate 3 years ago. Today the attorney called me and said I need to sign a release form and they will be mailing more court documents. What is this all about?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marcus N. Seiter
Marcus N. Seiter
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Tempe, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: It is hard to tell exactly what is going on without more information. I recommend you contact a local probate attorney for more guidance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.