Wynne, AR asked in Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: can a person get away with attempted murder? I live in a small town in arkansas, where i walk around from to time. I

was beaten almost to death airlifted to med in memphis with bleading on brain. I pressed charges against him, but nothing is being done about it, they are saying I provoked him, but i didnt I had no kind of weapon on me, it was turned over to a deputy proscecuting attorney. he said he is declining to proscecute him. Should i contact the state of Arkansas proscecuting attorney?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: If a prosecutor doesn't want to prosecute unfortunately it only emboldens the assaulter. Best thought is to consider relocating if you can get work elsewhere. As far as dealing with some of the fallout, suggest you google

psychology today therapist EMDR ______________ (insert the name of nearest sizeable towns) and your state.

EMDR is a form of PTSD therapy that allows you to get shed of some of the symptoms without drugs and you don't have to talk about it. Look for someone with decent reviews, who has been doing it more than a year.

As for medical bills if you didn't already, your state may have medical assistance for those who receive treatment that they can't pay. Check and see if you state has a crime victims compensation act which may help with the bills. Ask the DA's office victim assistance coordinator.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.