Santa Cruz, CA asked in Child Custody and Family Law for California

Q: how do you get an emergency order changed if you missed the court date? the order was changed and she has custody now

She lied and said im a drug user so the order says to test, which I have but I shouldn't have to. How do I get the order taken off and my sole physical custody back and in place. I was given sole physical custody in 2013, she is a habitual drug user, all her life back in forth in jail or some kind of trouble. it just a matter of time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jennifer Sue Morrison
Jennifer Sue Morrison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fresno, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You will have to file a Request for Order asking the Court to modify that order, and you will have to explain why in your pleadings.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.