Q: I need help, what can I do ?

I know you will say just go back, but I need someone who can help, I'm 18 years old and I came to the us and I have overstayed and I'm really struggling I am young and about to be homeless soon, but I don't want to go back I would hate to what can I do that can help me a little, I am from Afghanistan with a Dutch passport, i really. need help if someone knows other ways but I really want to stay and build a life here and a career it sound all a fantasy but I'm this far please help !

1 Lawyer Answer
Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Difficult situation. However, in the future, if you fall in love with and marry a US citizen, your spouse could sponsor you for a green card.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.