San Jose, CA asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for California

Q: Lawyer told me I don't have a strong case? rear end collision $1,700 car damage and I am having concussion, ringing ears

is my lawyer telling me the truth? Because i am still on medication and therapy for 8 months now and he just told me that today april 19, 2018 that my case is not strong. So the insurance would not pay that everything i have been paying for my recovery? and the fact that i still have constant ringing in my mind/ears, post concussion, and neck pain. The damage to my car was his basis that i dont have strong case even though i suffer concussion through that simple collision. What should i do? he even said that i have to go look for new work even with my injuries are still there. with this prolong period of treatment i had developed neurocognition problems, sensitive bladder and constant headaches giving me motion sickness. How can i supposed to work properly? if my logic is gone and has lapses. Should i to find a new lawyer? how can i do it if i signed papers with him? it seems his not figthing for my interest and not informing me.

3 Lawyer Answers

Omid Rejali

  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I would certainly suggest that you consult with some other attorneys in your local area. I would suggest contacting a personal injury attorney that is familiar with brain injuries and has trial experience!

You also have every right to get a second opinion and fire your attorney at any time. Do not feel like you are obligated just because you signed papers with him.

1 user found this answer helpful

Dale S. Gribow

  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed

however, i would probably not take a case with $1700 in PD

the ins co assumes with little damage how could you be injured.

thus they often force the lawyer to go to trial and the costs (which will be your responsibility) could eat up any money that goes to you.

the ins co will look for preexisting injuries

William John Light

  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Most attorneys would not take your case as the force of the collision - evidenced by the minimal property damage - does not explain the apparently severe symptoms you are experiencing. Get a second opinion, but I would not expect many attorneys to be interested.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.