Seattle, WA asked in Family Law and Military Law for Oklahoma

Q: Getting out of the military soon and concerned about me being in limbo when finding income to continue CS for my son.

My ex is in Oklahoma, while in in Washington. I don't exactly have plans going back home, but I also want to start some form of custody( not sole, but still an option after certain events) so I can finally be apart of my son's growth and life to the fullest. It's hard not being able to be there and having mediocre relations with the mother. Please help me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: A good place to start is contact an attorney near where the mother lives to discuss your options. They can explain how custody, visitation, and child support works and help you come up with a plan to make it happen.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.