Oklahoma Military Law Questions & Answers

Q: My husband claims me on his VA benefits still, he hasn't supported me or my children, when I had them home, in 5 years.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law and Divorce for Oklahoma on
Answered on Jul 15, 2018
Gary Johnston Dean's answer
You should consult an experienced Family Law Attorney, in your area, for help with this problem ASAP. You have waited long enough to receive what you're entitled to from this bum!

Q: How much time does chain of command have to initiate a statement of charges?

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Jul 12, 2018
John Cannon's answer
You need legal assistance office or a retained attorney to assist you in your FLIPL rebuttal. Not having a signed hand receipt for government property is potentially a valid defense.

Q: Getting out of the military soon and concerned about me being in limbo when finding income to continue CS for my son.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Apr 25, 2018
Pete David Louden's answer
A good place to start is contact an attorney near where the mother lives to discuss your options. They can explain how custody, visitation, and child support works and help you come up with a plan to make it happen.

Q: Military Dad ask mom to sign custody so he can receive financial benefits of BAH money. Can mom restore custody back?

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and Military Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Dec 15, 2017
Gary Johnston Dean's answer
So much for trusting a guy who was trying to defraud the government! She will need to hire a lawyer, and file a Motion to Modify. Also probably write the Commanding Officer of his base and share all the details. Good luck.

Please visit my website www.garyjdean.com and Subscribe for updates on Oklahoma Law.

Q: Is anyone working on the military's Mandatory Supervised Release program?

2 Answers | Asked in Military Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on May 3, 2011
Bradley M. Glaze's answer
To provide any assistance in this area, you would have to provide more information. I am assuming that you were incarcerated by the Army. If that is the case, your MSR should be handled through the Army Review Boards Agency (http://arba.army.pentagon.mil/index.cfm). An attorney answering this question would really benefit from talking to you in detail about your situation. For example, were you on MSR / parole, and it was revoked for some violation? When were you sentenced and what was the...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.