Lakeland, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I have a Rolex that was stolen, the woman that stole it sold it to a jeweler and dealer. Not a pawn shop, how to gebac

Getting it back without paying the $780 balance on it since she quite paying restitution. Apparently since she sold it to a second hand dealer and signed a release saying it was hers that they aren't obligated to return it to me til they get there money. Different than a pawn shop somehow. So I have to pay $780 to get my own watch back. What can I do. Actually it's my father's. The one I had is gone for good sold somewhere by the same thief.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Celso Gonzalez
Michael Celso Gonzalez pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Have you called the police? I have dealt with second hand dealers and they are treated very much like pawn shops under the law which means they need to give you the watch back. They are the ones who assume the risk when they purchase second hand goods not you. Call the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.