Chino, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: What forms do I need to request a court date to change my child visitation currently in effect? Am I the Respondent?

The mother has legal custody of child in Ridgecrest, Ca

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Crista Marie Haynes
Crista Marie Haynes
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You will need to file a Request for Order FL-300 and request a modification of child custody and visitation orders. There are several attachment forms that you can attach to the FL-300 to be able to fully effectuate your entire request. These forms are: FL-305 for temporary emergency orders, FL-311 child custody and visitation orders, FL-312 supervised visitation order request, FL-341(c)-(e) orders regarding holidays, physical custody and legal custody. You will additionally need to file a UCCJEA declaration describing where your child has been living for the past five years, FL-105. You will need to double check whether there are any county specific forms that are required but these are the basics when dealing with child custody and visitation. You will additionally want to include a declaration with your request explaining what you are requesting and why you want it and why it is in the children's best interest. If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me at my office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.