Utica, NY asked in Civil Litigation for New York

Q: I received a summons for a bank loan that I have not paid on in about 6 months due to lack of income. How do I proceed?

Loan amount is for $3970.45

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aubrey Claudius Galloway
Aubrey Claudius Galloway
  • Scarsdale, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Hire an attorney to write a cease and desist letter stopping the collection of the loan and/or wait until the sue you and then fight it out.

With a c & d letter and an attorney communicating with them, you should be able to make a good deal to pay it off for way less than half and you will be showing you are ready to defend in court if they want to get a judgment to garnish your wages.

We routinely handle these matter at a low rate. Call if you want a free consultation. (914) 912-1555 - Aubrey C. Galloway III, Esq. - AG3LAW.com

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.