Bronx, NY asked in Personal Injury, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for New York

Q: i was resently evictedfrom the ymca after 11 years for no reason because the housing coordinator didnt like me. can i fi

1 Lawyer Answer
Aubrey Claudius Galloway
Aubrey Claudius Galloway
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Scarsdale, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: It depends if the YMCA successfully prevailed on something called either a "Non-Payment Summary Proceeding" , or a "holdover Summary Proceeding" (the former if you didn't pay rent or the latter if you held over your lease and they gave you 30 days notice to vacate) AND THEY OBTAINED A WARRENT OF EVICTION FOR THE MARSHALL TO EVICT YOU. Otherwise you never actually HAD TO leave.

If you have a viable Cause of Action now I'm unsure of without further details; call me for a free consult at (914) 912-1555 and Ill let you know what's up. You can check out our firm on the web at AG3LAW.COM. We do lots of theses so I'll should be able to answer any further questions you may have.

Hope this helps/I can help,


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.